Kickin’ Baked Rigatoni
Rigatoni is traditionally associated with southern and central Italy.
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pkg (16 oz) dry rigatoni pasta, uncooked
- 1 pound Italian pork sausage links, casings removed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 pkg (8 oz) sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (28 oz) Hunt's™ crushed tomatoes*
- 2 cans (10 oz) Ro*Tel® hot diced tomatoes with habaneros, undrained
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
Rigatoni pasta mixed with Italian sausage, onions, mushrooms and spicy Ro*Tel tomatoes and chilies.
1 Serving: (1 cup each) Calories 306; Total Fat 11 g(Saturated Fat 5 g); Cholesterol 32 mg; Sodium 745 mg; Carbohydrate 34 g; (Dietary Fiber 4 g, Sugars 5 g); Protein 16 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 9%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 16%; Iron 12%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cook sausage, onion and mushrooms in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until sausage is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring frequently; drain. Add both crushed and undrained tomatoes to sausage mixture; mix well and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Drain pasta; return to pan. Add sausage mixture and 1 cup cheese; mix lightly. Spoon into dish; top with remaining 1 cup cheese. Cover with aluminum foil sprayed lightly with cooking spray, sprayed-side down. Bake 20 minutes or until hot.
- Substitute Ro*Tel® Mild Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies or Ro*Tel Original Tomatoes & Green Chilies for a milder flavored dish.