Kickin Spinach Cheese Bites
Triple cheesy-spinach crescent bites boast a just right jalapeño kick.
- 1 box (9 oz) frozen chopped spinach
- 1 package (8 oz) Philadelphia® cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 oz provolone cheese, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pickled jalapeño slices, drained (from 11.5-oz jar)
- 2 cans Pillsbury™ refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
1 Serving: Calories 60; Total Fat 4g; (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 135mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 5g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 0g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 0%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Lightly spray 48 nonstick mini muffin cups with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Microwave frozen spinach as directed on box. Squeeze dry with paper towels.
- In medium bowl, beat cream cheese and ricotta cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Stir in spinach, shredded cheese and jalapeños until well blended.
- Unroll 1 dough sheet; press into 12x8-inch rectangle. Cut dough sheet into 24 squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each mini muffin cup. Spoon 1 rounded teaspoon spinach mixture into each cup. Repeat with remaining dough sheet and filling.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges of dough are golden brown. Immediately remove from pan to serving platter. Cool 5 minutes. Serve warm.
- Skip a step! Buy jarred or frozen spinach-artichoke dip for the filling instead of making your own.