Lasagna Soup Insalata with Cinnamon Peach Crescents
The famous appetizer “Caprese” of mozzarella, tomatoes and basil is named “Insalata Caprese” because it was created by a local chef on the island of Capri.
- 1 lb mild (or hot) Italian sausage, casing off
- 1/2 cup baby-cut carrots, coarsely chopped
- 8 oz trinity mix (fresh diced onions, bell peppers, celery)
- 1 (24-oz) jar Classico® tomato basil pasta sauce*
- 1 (32-oz) carton Progresso unsalted chicken broth**
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 1 (9-oz) package mini cheese ravioli
- 1 (8-oz) baby kale salad kit (baby greens, cheese, toppings, dressing)
- 6 tablespoons part-skim ricotta cheese
- Cinnamon Peach Crescents
- 1 large firm, ripe peach
- 1 (8-ct) can Pillsbury™ honey butter crescent rolls
- 6 tablespoons cinnamon sugar butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon pine nuts, finely crushed
1 Serving: (per 1/6 recipe) Calories 470kcal; Fat 22g; Saturated Fat 7g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 1450mg; Carbohydrate 43g; Fiber 3g; Sugars 8g; Protein 22g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 25%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Preheat large stockpot 2–3 minutes on medium-high. Brown sausage 5–7 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. Chop carrots. Stir carrots and trinity mix into sausage; cook and stir 4 minutes.
- Reduce heat on pan to medium-low. Stir in pasta sauce, broth, and pesto; simmer 8–10 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until hot.
- Stir pasta into soup; cook 4–5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, chop salad greens.
- Divide soup into serving bowls. Top each bowl with 1/3 cup salad greens, then sprinkle with salad toppings, and drizzle with dressing. Finish with 1 tablespoon ricotta cheese and serve.
- (Cinnamon Peach Crescents)Preheat oven to 375°F. Peel peach and cut into 8 wedges. Separate crescents into triangles and place on work surface; spread 2 teaspoons cinnamon butter on each triangle; place peach wedge on wide part of dough and roll up.
- Place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake 15–17 minutes or until golden and peaches have softened. Carefully remove crescents from pan.
- Crush pine nuts. Spread remaining 2 teaspoons butter over rolls and sprinkle with pine nuts. Let stand 5 minutes to cool. Serve. (Makes 8 servings.)