Lime and Lager Chicken Tacos
These adult chicken tacos get a little extra flavor by simmering the chicken with Dos Equis™ lager especial beer and Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix. Top these tacos with a fresh creamy cilantro-lime slaw and crunchy radishes.
- 2 cups thinly sliced green cabbage
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 Old El Paso™ soft tortilla taco bowls dinner kit
- ½ cup Dos Equis™ lager especial beer
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 2 radishes, thinly sliced and cut into strips
- 8 lime wedges
1 Taco: Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 130); Total Fat 15g (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 55mg; Sodium 610mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 2g); Protein 18g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 15%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1/2 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Very Lean Meat, 1/2 High-Fat Meat, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1
- In medium bowl, stir Slaw ingredients until completely blended. Refrigerate slaw 30 minutes; stir well.
- Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 8 to 9 minutes, turning occasionally, until no longer pink in center. Add taco seasoning mix (from kit) and beer; stir to combine. Cook 3 to 4 minutes or until slightly thickened.
- Heat tortilla bowls (from kit) as directed on package. To assemble, divide chicken among tortilla bowls; top with cheese, slaw and radishes. Serve with lime wedges and taco sauce (from kit), as desired.
- Use purchased shredded cabbage if you are short on prep time.
- Pair these tacos with more Dos Equis™ lager especial beer for a mouth-pleasing meal!