Loaded Mashed Potato Bombs
Refrigerated mashed potatoes loaded with savory ingredients make the perfect filling for these delicious crescent appetizers.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dough sheet or 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 cup refrigerated mashed potatoes (from a 24-oz package)
- ¼ cup chive & onion cream cheese spread, softened (2 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup diced cooked ham
- ¼ cup sliced green onions
- ¼ cup shredded Cheddar cheese (1 oz)
- 2 tablespoons crumbled cooked bacon
1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 25); Total Fat 2 1/2g; (Saturated Fat 1g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 140mg; Potassium 45mg; Total Carbohydrate 6g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 0g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1/2 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 24 mini muffin cups with cooking spray. Unroll dough on work surface. Press into 12x8-inch rectangle. (If using crescent roll dough, firmly press perforations to seal.) With pizza cutter or sharp knife, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows to make 24 squares. Press 1 square in bottom and up side of each muffin cup.
- In medium bowl, mix mashed potatoes, cream cheese spread and pepper with spoon or electric mixer on medium speed until smooth. Stir in ham, 2 tablespoons of the green onions, the Cheddar cheese and bacon until combined. Spoon potato mixture into cups.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan 2 minutes. Using metal spatula or small knife, run around edges of cups to loosen, and remove from pan to serving platter. Top with remaining 2 tablespoons green onions. Serve warm.