Luscious Layer Bars
Indulgent homemade bars are in the oven in 10 minutes thanks to a quick layering technique.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- ½ cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips or semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
Serving Size: 1 Bar
1 Serving: Calories 200 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 11g; (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 95mg; Potassium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 24g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 20g; Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan using floured fingers.
- Bake 15 minutes. Sprinkle with butterscotch chips, chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts. Drizzle evenly with condensed milk.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 2 hours. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows.
- Super-rich bars can be cut into mini squares and placed in decorative paper liners for serving.
- Skip the cooking spray and line pan with foil for quick cleanup and easy bar removal.