Mucho Choco Tacos
Dessert Tacos? Yes Please! These creative and sweet chocolate-covered tacos are the perfect kid-friendly dessert.
- 8 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells (from 4.7-oz box)
- 1 package (24 oz) chocolate-flavored candy coating (almond bark)
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups sliced bananas
- 3/4 cup hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups whipped cream topping from aerosol can
- 8 mint leaves, if desired
Calories 790 (Calories from Fat 380), Total Fat 43g, (Saturated Fat 24g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 35mg; Sodium 290mg; Total Carbohydrate 94g; (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 79g), Protein 9g;
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 8%; Vitamin C 45%; Calcium 25%; Iron 6%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch; 1 Fruit; 3 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 8 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 6
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 325°F. Heat taco shells as directed on box. Meanwhile, melt chocolate candy coating as directed on package. Line cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- Carefully dip each taco shell into melted chocolate, using spoon to get chocolate on inside of shell; hold shells above bowl to let excess chocolate drip off. Stand shells upright on cookie sheet lined with waxed paper; let stand 10 to 15 minutes until chocolate hardens. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- In medium bowl, mix strawberries and bananas. Divide fruit evenly into taco shells.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave fudge topping on High 30 to 45 seconds or until soft. Stir in cinnamon and vanilla. Drizzle topping over fruit in shells. Top with whipped cream; garnish with mint leaves. Serve immediately.
- The chocolate-covered shells need to be refrigerated until serving, or they'll soften and be less crunchy.