Muffin Tin Chicken Tacos
Break out your muffin tin for a new take on Taco Night!
- 6 Old El Paso™ flour tortillas for burritos (8 inch; from 11-oz package)
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup of your favorite brand of salsa
- 1/2 cup Kraft® shredded Cheddar cheese (2 oz)
- Shredded lettuce, if desired
- Additional salsa, if desired
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Using 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut 2 rounds from each tortilla. Place rounds on microwavable plate; microwave on High 15 seconds to soften. Place each in muffin cup, using bottom of small juice glass to press into each cup.
- In medium bowl, toss chicken with 1 cup salsa. Place 1 teaspoon cheese in bottom of each tortilla-lined cup; add 1 heaping tablespoon chicken mixture to each. Top each with another teaspoon of cheese.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and tortillas are crisp.
- To serve, top each with lettuce, sour cream and additional salsa or your favorite taco toppings.
- You can substitute cooked ground beef for the chicken.
- Use the leftover tortilla scraps to make chips. Place on cookie sheet; sprinkle with salt. Bake in 350°F. oven until crisp.