Mushroom Pizza Rustico
Featuring sliced mushrooms, crushed tomatoes and fresh mozzarella, there’s no need to order pizza again. This recipe does the trick with its charred crust, melted cheese and garlic tomato sauce. For extra cooking credit, make your own fresh dough, just the way you like it.
- 2 garlic cloves 1 minced and 1 sliced
- 1 can (28 oz) Tuttorosso® Crushed Tomatoes with basil
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 (10 inch) refrigerator pizza crust, or 10 inch pizza box crust
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mushrooms
- cooking spray
1 Serving: Calories 220; Total Fat 9g (Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 890mg; Total Carbohydrate 23g, (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 12g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 20%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
- Evenly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Sprinkle with corn meal.
- Mix crushed tomatoes with basil, oil and minced garlic in a bowl.
- Roll or lay out the pizza crust. Spread with the tomato mixture. Distribute the cheese evenly across the top of the pizza.
- Top with sliced mushroom and sliced garlic. Bake for 20 minutes or until cheese bubbles and crust is cooked through.