Nacho Cheese Bites
Bite-size appetizers are always perfect for hosting a watch party. Serve with additional Pace® Salsa for dipping.
- ½ of a 17.3 oz package Puff Pastry Sheets (1 Sheet), thawed
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup Kraft® Shredded Cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- ¼ cup Pace® Chunky Salsa
- 5 pitted black olives, cut into quarters (optional)
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
1 Serving: Calories nc (Calories from Fat nc); Total Fat nc (Saturated Fat nc, Trans Fat nc); Cholesterol nc; Sodium nc; Potassium nc; Total Carbohydrate nc (Dietary Fiber nc); Protein nc
% Daily Value: Vitamin A nc; Vitamin C nc; Calcium nc; Iron nc
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Beat the egg and water in a small bowl with a fork or whisk. Stir the cheese and salsa in a small bowl.
- Unfold the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 15 x 12-inch rectangle. Cut into 20 (3-inch) squares.
- Place about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture in the center of each pastry square. Top each with 1 olive piece, if desired.
- Brush the edges of the pastry squares with the egg mixture. Fold the pastry over the filling to form triangles. Crimp the edges with a fork to seal. Place the filled pastries onto baking sheets. Brush the pastries with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the chili powder.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the pastries are golden brown. Remove the pastries from the baking sheets and let cool on wire racks for 10 minutes.