One Pan Pizza Pasta
No need to order pizza tonight! In just 30 minutes you can make a cheesy dish topped with pepperoni that the whole family will love.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 oz Italian sausage links
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 8 oz Ronzoni® Rotini
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 4 oz sliced pepperoni
- 1 small bunch Italian parsley, chopped (optional)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large oven-safe pan. Add onion and sauté 2 to 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Remove Italian sausage from casing and cook until browned, about 4 to 5 minutes. When the sausage is almost done, add the garlic, and cook for another 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently so the garlic does not burn. Drain excess fat.
- Add tomato sauce, pasta, dried basil and 1 ½ cups of water to the sausage mixture. Bring to a boil, cover tightly and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook about 12 minutes or until the pasta is cooked through. Season with salt and ground pepper, to taste.
- Turn off heat and top with mozzarella and pepperoni. Cover again for 2 to 3 minutes, or until mozzarella is melted. For an extra crispy topping, broil for 2 to 3 minutes in the oven, but only if your pan is oven-safe.
- Garnish with Italian parsley, if desired.