Oven Parmesan Chicken with Penne Marinara
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup Kraft™ zesty Italian dressing
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons Progresso™ Italian style breadcrumbs
- 5 tablespoons Kraft™ natural shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups uncooked Mueller's™ penne pasta (6 oz)
- 2 teaspoons Wesson® vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's™ diced tomatoes with basil, garlic & oregano
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's™ fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ reduced sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
1 Serving: Calories 560 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 17g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 115mg; Sodium 1070mg; Potassium 370mg; Total Carbohydrate 52g (Dietary Fiber 4g); Protein 49g % Daily Value: Vitamin A 25%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 1/2 Vegetable, 5 1/2 Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2
- Heat oven to 425°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Brush both sides of chicken with dressing; place in pan. In small bowl, stir melted butter, bread crumbs and 1 tablespoon of the Parmesan cheese until well blended. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon bread crumb mixture on top of each breast. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown and juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (165°F.)
- Meanwhile, in 3-quart saucepan, cook pasta as directed on package. Drain; return to saucepan.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly, until tender. Stir in both cans of tomatoes, the broth and 3 tablespoons of the basil. Cook, uncovered, over low heat 15 to 18 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Add tomato mixture to pasta; toss to coat.
- Spoon pasta onto serving platter; top with chicken. Garnish with remaining 4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese and 1 tablespoon basil.