Parmesan Meatball Spaghetti Bake
The traditional flavor of this Parmesan meatballs and spaghetti bake is sure to become a family favorite.
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup Kraft® shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 12 oz Ronzoni® spaghetti, broken in half (from 16-oz box)
- 1 carton (32 oz) Progresso™ chicken broth
- 1 can (28 oz) Tuttorosso® crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup Bertolli® tomato & basil pasta sauce (from 24-oz jar)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 package (8 oz) Kraft® shredded Italian cheese blend (2 cups)
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
1 Serving: Calories 450 (Calories from Fat 150); Total Fat 16g (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 85mg; Sodium 1350mg; Total Carbohydrate 48g (Dietary Fiber 3g, Sugars 9g); Protein 27g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 30%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 2 Starch, 1 Other Carbohydrate, 1 Vegetable, 1 1/2 Lean Meat, 1 High-Fat Meat, 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 3
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix beef, onion, garlic, egg, bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, salt and pepper until well blended. Shape mixture into 1 1/2-inch meatballs (about 24). Place 1 inch apart on foil-lined pan.
- Bake 18 to 23 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and 160°F.
- Meanwhile, in 4- to 5-quart saucepan or Dutch oven, heat spaghetti and broth just to boiling over high heat. Reduce heat to medium; cook 15 to 20 minutes, stirring frequently, until pasta is al dente and liquid is absorbed. Remove from heat; let stand 1 minute. Toss meatballs, tomatoes, pasta sauce, 1 tablespoon of the basil and the red pepper flakes into pasta until well mixed. Pour evenly into baking dish. Sprinkle Italian cheese blend onto pasta.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Sprinkle with remaining basil.