Peanut Butter-Chocolate Cookies
These peanut butter cookies are special for the holidays or anytime. Their secret is the chocolate candy that melts into the top.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter or margarine, softened
- ¼ cup shortening
- 1 egg
- 1½ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- Granulated sugar
- 3 dozen milk chocolate stars or candy-coated chocolate-covered peanuts
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 55); Total Fat 6g; (Saturated Fat 2g); Cholesterol 5mg; Sodium 70mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 13g; (Dietary Fiber 2g); Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375ºF. Stir together 1/2 cup granulated sugar, the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, shortening and egg. Stir in flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll in granulated sugar. Place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Immediately press 1 chocolate star firmly in each cookie; cool on wire rack.
- Have just crunchy peanut butter on hand? Go ahead and use it for a peanuttier, slightly bumpier cookie.
- In a hurry? Use one pouch of Betty Crocker® peanut butter cookie mix instead. Immediately after baking cookies, be sure to top them with chocolate candies.