Peanut Butter Cookie Candy Bars
Prize-Winning Recipe 2008! Love crunchy caramel-peanut butter candy bars? Try these indulgent cookies to satisfy cravings.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ peanut butter cookie mix
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 ¼ teaspoons vanilla
- Dash salt
- 3 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 1 bag (14 oz) caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cups unsalted dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 bag (11.5 oz) milk chocolate chips (2 cups)
Serving Size: 1 Bar
Calories 280 (Calories from Fat 100); Total Fat 12g; (Saturated Fat 3 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 125mg; Potassium 120mg; Total Carbohydrate 39g; (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 29g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie base ingredients until soft dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan. Bake 12 to 15 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat all filling ingredients except powdered sugar with electric mixer on medium speed until creamy and smooth. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until well blended (filling will be thick). Press filling over cookie base. Refrigerate while preparing caramel layer.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat caramels and 2 tablespoons water over low heat, stirring constantly, until caramels are melted. Stir in peanuts. Spread evenly over filling. Refrigerate about 15 minutes or until caramel layer is firm.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until melted. Spread evenly over caramel layer. Refrigerate about 1 hour or until chocolate is set. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered at room temperature.
- Skip the cooking spray, and instead line the pan with quick-release foil for easy cleanup and removal of bars from the pan.