Pecan Pie Supreme Brownies
Everything you love about pecan pie is married with rich fudgy brownies!
- Pecan Topping
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3 cups coarsely chopped pecans
- 1 box (1 lb 6.25 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on brownie mix box (for cakelike brownies)
1 Brownie: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 4g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 45mg; Sodium 115mg; Total Carbohydrate 32g (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 22g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 8%
Exchanges: ½ Starch, 0 Fruit, 1½ Other Carbohydrate, 0 Skim Milk, 0 Low-Fat Milk, 0 Milk, 0 Vegetable, 0 Very Lean Meat, 0 Lean Meat, ½ High-Fat Meat, 2½ Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350 °F (325 °F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with shortening or cooking spray.
- In 2-quart saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Stir in flour until smooth. Stir in brown sugar, corn syrup and 2 eggs until well blended. Increase heat to medium; cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring constantly, until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla and pecans.
- Make brownie batter as directed on box for cakelike brownies; spread in pan. Spoon pecan topping evenly over batter.
- Bake 33 to 38 minutes or until center is set. Cool completely, about 3 hours. For 36 brownies, cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. If desired, garnish each brownie with a pecan half.
- Cut brownies into wedges and serve with a dollop of whipped cream.