- 1 ½ cups butter, cut into pieces
- 1 bag (10 oz) bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ teaspoon peppermint extract
- 4 eggs
- 1 ¾ cups Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips (2 cups)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¾ cup crushed peppermint candies (about 30 candies)
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 360 Total Fat 26g Saturated Fat 15g Sodium 250mg Total Carbohydrate 34g Dietary Fiber 2g Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 0% Calcium 0% Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 5 Fat; Carbohydrate Choice2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, leaving foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; spray foil with cooking spray.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave butter and bittersweet chocolate chips uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until chips are softened and can be stirred smooth. Stir in sugar, vanilla and peppermint extract with whisk. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well with whisk after each addition. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake 28 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs. Cool completely in pan on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- In medium microwavable bowl, microwave semisweet chocolate chips and whipping cream uncovered on High 1 to 2 minutes, stirring once, until chips are softened and can be stirred smooth. Pour mixture evenly over brownies. Sprinkle with peppermint candies. Refrigerate 30 minutes or until set.
- Use foil to lift brownies from pan. Cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.