Peppermint Sugar Cookie Bark
This deliciously simple almond bark is a two-for-one treat made with white chocolate and peppermint on a sugar cookie base.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 bag (12 oz) white vanilla baking chips (2 cups)
- 1/3 cup coarsely crushed peppermint candy canes (14 miniature)
1 Serving: Calories 250; Calories from Fat 90; Total Fat 10g; Saturated Fat 6g; Trans Fat 1g; Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g; Dietary Fiber 0g; Sugars 14g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 4%; Iron 2%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat;
Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line large cookie sheet with foil. In medium bowl, stir cookie mix, butter and egg until soft dough forms. Press dough into 12-inch square on cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 14 minutes or until light golden brown; cool.
- In microwavable bowl, microwave white vanilla baking chips uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until chips can be stirred smooth. Pour and spread over cooled cookie base. Immediately sprinkle with candy. Let stand until set, about 30 minutes.
- Gently break up cookie bark. Store tightly covered.
- Chocolate chip cookie mix can be substituted for the sugar cookie mix. Top it with melted chocolate and some chopped nuts for an indulgent treat.