Pumpkin-Cream Cheese Dumplings
Say hello to your new favorite fall dessert! These easy baked dumplings are stuffed with an irresistible pumpkin-cream cheese filling and topped with brown sugar.
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 oz cream cheese, cut into 8 pieces
- 3 tablespoons apple juice
1 Serving: Calories 260 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g; (Saturated Fat 8g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 300mg; Potassium 60mg; Total Carbohydrate 27g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 17g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In small bowl, mix brown sugar, granulated sugar and pumpkin pie spice. Cut in butter, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. Set aside.
- Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. Spread 1 tablespoon pumpkin on widest side of triangle. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar mixture. Place cream cheese piece on wide side, and roll to opposite point, tucking in ends. Place in baking dish. Repeat 7 times. Sprinkle remaining sugar mixture over crescents. Pour apple juice over crescents.
- Bake 27 to 32 minutes or until crescents are golden brown and baked through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- Serve these delicious dumplings with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.
- If you don’t have apple juice, you can substitute the same amount of water