Pumpkin Pie Cookie Bars
These darling pumpkin pie lookalike cookie bars will be the hit of your fall gathering. Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix and pudding make a soft and chewy bar flavored with pumpkin pie spice and decorated with our Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting tinted and piped to mimic the look of the classic pie.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch for Drop Cookies
- 1 box (3.4 oz) Jell-O™ vanilla-flavor instant pudding & pie filling mix
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 1/3 cups Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy vanilla frosting (from two 16-oz containers)
- 1 teaspoon Betty Crocker™ orange gel food color
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened baking cocoa
1 Bar Calories 230 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 4.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 190mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 26g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 2%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2.5
Download the diagram
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 13x9-inch pan with foil, leaving foil overhanging at 2 opposite sides of pan; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix cookie mix, softened butter, egg, dry pudding mix and pumpkin pie spice with spoon or hands until dough forms. Press dough in bottom of pan.
- Bake 16 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 hour.
- Remove bars from pan by lifting foil; peel foil away. Cut into 27 triangles as follows: Cut 3 horizontal rows. Cut each row into 9 triangles so each triangle has a 2-inch wide base. (See diagram below.) Set aside end pieces for snacking.
- In small microwavable bowl, place 1 1/4 cups frosting. Stir in orange food color and 1/4 teaspoon of the cocoa until blended. Spoon 1/2 cup orange-tinted frosting into decorating bag fitted with small round piping tip. Pipe a border on outside edge of each triangle. Let stand 15 minutes to set border.
- Microwave remaining orange-tinted frosting uncovered on High 10 to 30 seconds or until thin enough to pour and spread (also known as flooding). Place about 1 teaspoon warmed frosting in center of each triangle. Using back of measuring teaspoon, carefully push and spread to glaze top of bar. Repeat with each triangle. Rewarm frosting in microwave to maintain glazing consistency if needed. Let stand 10 minutes to set glaze.
- In another small bowl, place 3/4 cup frosting; stir in remaining 3/4 teaspoon cocoa. Spoon cocoa frosting into another decorating bag fitted with small star piping tip. Pipe 5 to 6 small stars at short edge of each triangle.
- Clean same star piping tip used in above step, and place into another decorating bag. Spoon remaining 1/3 cup vanilla frosting into decorating bag. Pipe small rosette in center of each bar. (Use photo as guide.)
- Store covered in single layer in airtight container at room temperature.