Pumpkin Pie Cookies
Pie, meet cookie. Cookie, say hello to pie. When two all-time favorites come together, you get Pumpkin Pie Cookies, the star at your next holiday cookie exchange.
- Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cold cream cheese
- Pumpkin Filling
- 3 oz cream cheese, well-softened
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 2 teaspoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 Cookie: Calories 130 (Calories from Fat 60); Total Fat 7g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 1g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 100mg; Total Carbohydrate 17g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Generously spray bottoms and sides of 24 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Place cookie mix in large bowl. Cut in butter and 4 oz cream cheese, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly. (Do not overmix.) Reserve 1 cup cookie mixture for topping; set aside. Firmly press 2 tablespoons remaining cookie mixture evenly into bottom of each muffin cup.
- In small bowl, add 3 oz cream cheese and stir until smooth. Add remaining pumpkin filling ingredients; mix well. Place 1 rounded teaspoon pumpkin filling in center of each cookie. Sprinkle each with 2 teaspoons reserved cookie topping.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until edges of cookies are golden brown. Cool completely in pan, about 30 minutes. Run metal spatula around edge of cookies in muffin tin to loosen.
- Cherry Pie Cookies: Make pie cookies as directed above, using cherry filling instead of pumpkin filling. Make cherry filling by mixing 1/2 cup cherry preserves, 1/4 cup dried cherries and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.