Pumpkin Pie Sugar Cookie
Every little bite of pumpkin cream cheese filling will make you smile!
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 4 oz cream cheese, very softened
- ½ cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- ¼ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories 110 (Calories from Fat 45); Total Fat 5g; (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 15mg; Sodium 80mg; Potassium 25mg; Total Carbohydrate 16g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 10g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 36 regular-size muffin cups with cooking spray. Make cookie dough as directed on pouch. Using rounded teaspoon of dough, shape dough into 1 1/4-inch balls. Press dough evenly into bottom of each muffin cup and slightly up sides.
- In medium bowl, stir Pumpkin Filling ingredients with whisk until blended. Spoon rounded teaspoonful of mixture into each dough-filled muffin cup; spread slightly.
- Bake 8 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown and filling appears set (cookies and filling will be soft). Cool 10 minutes in pan; carefully remove to cooling rack.
- Fill small resealable food-storage plastic bag with frosting. Cut off small corner of bag; squeeze small dollop of frosting onto each cookie. Sprinkle lightly with additional pumpkin pie spice, if desired. Refrigerate cookies in covered container or resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- If you don’t have 3 muffin pans, cover and refrigerate filling and cover cookie dough until placed in muffin pan. You can roll the balls of dough ahead; cover with plastic wrap to prevent dough from drying out.
- If using 21-oz pouch of Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix, make cookie dough as directed on pouch. For pumpkin filling, use 5 oz cream cheese, 2/3 cup canned pumpkin, 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice. For topping, use 2/3 cup cream cheese frosting. Makes 42 cookies