Quick Tomato ‘Risotto’
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® fire roasted diced tomatoes with garlic, undrained
- 1 ¾ cup Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32 oz carton)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 Serving: (1 cup each) Calories 328; Total Fat 11g (Saturated Fat 3 g); Cholesterol 10 mg; Sodium 758 mg; Carbohydrate 47 g; (Dietary Fiber 3 g, Sugars 4 g); Protein 10 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 11%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 18%; Iron 20%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add rice; cook 3 to 4 minutes or until browned lightly, stirring occasionally.
- Add undrained tomatoes, broth and water to skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cover and simmer 15 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Heat 1 minute more or until peas are hot.