Ragin’ Cajun Jambalaya
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 ½ cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 3 ½ cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32 oz carton)
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce - No Salt Added
Serving Size: 8 servings (1 -1/2 cups each) Calories 411; Total Fat 18g (Saturated Fat 6g); Cholesterol 69mg; Sodium 982mg; Carbohydrate 35g; (Dietary Fiber 2g, Sugars 4g); Protein 29g; % Daily Values*: Vitamin A 7%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 4%; Iron 16%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
- Cook sausage and chicken in large saucepan over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from saucepan; cover to keep warm. Add onion and garlic to same saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from saucepan and add to meat.
- Add rice to same saucepan; cook 5 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring frequently. Return sausage and onion mixture to saucepan; mix well. Stir in un-drained tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir before serving.