Red Velvet Chex® Party Mix
- 6 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- ? cup butter
- 3 tablespoons corn syrup
- 1 drop red gel food color
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Gluten Free devil's food cake mix
- ½ cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy cream cheese frosting
A delicious Chex® party mix reminiscent of red velvet cake.
Serving Size: 1 Serving Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 80), % Daily Value Total Fat 9g 9% (Saturated Fat 4g, 4% Trans Fat 1g 1%), Cholesterol15mg 15%; Sodium 330mg 330%; Total Carbohydrate 53g 53% (Dietary Fiber 1g 1% Sugars 16g 16%), Protein 1g 1%; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 4%; Calcium 8%; Iron 35%; Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 3 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 3 1/2 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- In large microwavable bowl, place cereal; set aside. In medium microwavable bowl, microwave brown sugar, butter, corn syrup, food color and cake mix uncovered on High 2 to 2 1/2 minutes or until mixture is boiling. Immediately pour over cereal; toss until well coated.
- Spread on waxed paper. Cool 5 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, place frosting; microwave uncovered on High 20 seconds. Drizzle over cereal mixture. Store loosely covered.