Rotini with Smoked Paprika Chicken
Smoked paprika and brown sugar gives this quick-cooking chicken and rotini dish a flavor boost.
- 1 (12 oz) Ronzoni Gluten Free® Rotini
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts, cubed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup (10 oz) diced tomatoes
- 1 cup (10 oz) frozen peas
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with warm water* and set aside.
- Meanwhile, blend paprika with sugar, vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper. Toss with chicken to coat; set aside. Heat oil in a large, deep non-stick skillet set over medium-high heat. Add onion and peppers; sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add chicken; sauté for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes, breaking up with a spoon. Simmer for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in peas until heated through. Serve over hot cooked pasta.