Salted Caramel Apple Cheesecake Crisp
Why pick a favorite dessert when you can make an all-in-one? Part apple crisp, part cheesecake, this beauty is our new favorite way to bake with apples. Even better? It’s finished with a generous drizzle of salted caramel.
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 large apples, peeled, cut into 1-inch chunks (about 8 cups)
- 3/4 cup salted caramel topping
- Ice cream, if desired
1 Serving: Calories 352.6 (Calories from Fat 200); Total Fat 19g (Saturated Fat 11.1g, Trans Fat 1/2g); Cholesterol 51.5mg; Sodium 145.0mg; Total Carbohydrate 44.9g (Dietary Fiber 3.8g, Sugars 19.3g); Protein 4g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 6.50%; Calcium 5.40%; Iron 5.10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 1/2 Fruit; 4 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 4 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 5 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350 °F. Spray 13x9-inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, stir together cookie mix, oats, 1/4 cup of the brown sugar and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Add melted butter; mix until crumbly. Set aside.
- In small bowl, beat cream cheese, granulated sugar and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- In large bowl, toss apples with remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Distribute apples evenly in baking dish.
- Spoon tablespoonfuls of cream cheese mixture randomly over apples. Sprinkle with cookie mixture.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until crumble topping is golden brown and apples are tender. Serve warm drizzled with salted caramel topping. Cover and refrigerate any remaining dessert.
- Be creative! Serve with a scoop of a fun flavored ice cream like dulce de leche, cinnamon, caramel or butter pecan.