Sausage Crescent Cheese Balls
A fun twist on the popular sausage cheese balls using crescent dough!
- 1 lb bulk spicy sausage
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese (8 oz)
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary leaves, crushed
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 Serving: Calories 60 (Calories from Fat 40); Total Fat 4g; (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 110mg; Potassium 20mg; Total Carbohydrate 3g; (Dietary Fiber 0g); Sugars 0g; Protein 2g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 2%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan with foil; spray with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, mix sausage, cheese and rosemary; mix well using hands or spoon.
- Unroll crescent dough on work surface; coat each side of dough with 1 tablespoon flour. Using pizza cutter or knife, cut dough into about 1/4-inch pieces. Mix crescent dough pieces into bowl of sausage mixture in small amounts until well blended.
- Shape mixture into 42 (1 1/4-inch) balls. Place in pan. Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown.
- To add a little kick (especially if you use sausage that's not spicy), add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce.
- You can make the sausage cheese balls ahead. Just place on pan, cover with foil and reheat in the oven at 350°F until heated through.