Sausage Mushroom Pizza
Hearty sausage and mushrooms team up on a delicious Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated classic crust pizza dough crust for a classic cheesy pie that’s perfect for pizza night!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 oz bulk Italian sausage
- 1 ½ cups sliced mushrooms (4 oz)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 package Pillsbury’s Best™ refrigerated classic crust pizza dough
- ¾ cup Muir Glen™ organic tomato sauce (from 15-oz can)
- ½ cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 ½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese (6 oz) SAVE $
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
1 Serving: Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 140); Total Fat 15g; (Saturated Fat 5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 25mg; Sodium 1010mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 38g; (Dietary Fiber 1g); Sugars 3g; Protein 16g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 25%; Iron 10%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 1 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 425°F. Place oven rack in low position. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add sausage, and cook 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until no longer pink. Using slotted spoon, transfer to small bowl.
- Add mushrooms and salt to drippings in skillet; cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened and browned. Stir in garlic; remove from heat.
- Unroll dough with oven-safe parchment paper onto ungreased large cookie sheet (dough bakes on paper). Spread tomato sauce evenly over dough.
- Top with mushroom mixture. Top with sausage, red onion and cheese. Bake 16 to 21 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Top with basil.
- To save time, opt for presliced white button mushrooms.