Shrimp Tacos with Creamy Lime Slaw
Do Cinco right with shrimp tacos slathered in zesty, creamy lime slaw. Take bites in between sips of your Corona® hard seltzer for the ultimate fiesta.
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded lime peel
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 3 cups shredded green cabbage
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/4 lb uncooked deveined peeled medium (41 to 50 ct) shrimp, tail shells removed
- 2 tablespoons Old El Paso™ original taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 package (5.4 oz) Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ Hint of Lime taco shells (10 shells), heated as directed on package
1 Serving Calories 170 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 9g (Saturated Fat 2.5g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 80mg; Sodium 320mg; Total Carbohydrate 11g (Dietary Fiber 1g, Sugars 1g); Protein 11g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 6%; Iron 4%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 1 Vegetable, 1 Very Lean Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Relax responsibly®. Corona® Hard Seltzer Spiked Sparkling Water with Natural Flavors. Imported by Crown Imports, Chicago, IL
- In medium bowl, mix lime peel, lime juice, mayonnaise, sugar, salt and red pepper. Add cabbage and cilantro; stir to coat. Set aside.
- In another medium bowl, mix shrimp and taco seasoning mix; stir to coat.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add shrimp mixture; cook and stir 2 to 4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from heat.
- Divide shrimp filling among heated taco shells; top with slaw.
- A shrimp's size is measured by the number of individual shrimp it takes to make up a pound. We used medium-size shrimp labeled 41/50 in this recipe, meaning there are between 41 and 50 of this size shrimp in a pound. The description of size can vary, depending on market.
- If you want to add some extra zip to these tacos, try a drizzle of sriracha or your favorite hot sauce on top of the coleslaw.