Skillet Tomato Paella
- 2 cups Progresso™ reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 8 ounces hot Italian sausage links, casings removed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 11/2 cups medium-grain white rice, uncooked
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cans (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Fire Roasted Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into long strips
- 1/2 cup Green Giant® frozen green peas, optional
Serving Size: 6 servings (1 -1/4 cups each) Calories 370; Total Fat 12g (Saturated Fat 3g); Cholesterol 20mg; Sodium 1063mg; Carbohydrate 52g; (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 6g); Protein 12g; % Daily Values*: Vitamin A 16%; Vitamin C 40%; Calcium 7%; Iron 21%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
- Heat broth in small saucepan; keep warm.
- Heat large 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add sausage and cook 5 minutes or until crumbled and browned. Add oil, onion and garlic to skillet; cook 4 minutes.
- Stir in rice, paprika and salt until well combined. Add undrained tomatoes and mix in evenly. Place bell pepper strips in a circle around edge of skillet.
- Add 1 cup warm broth; simmer over medium-low heat 5 minutes without stirring. Add remaining 1 cup broth, cover and simmer 35 minutes or until most of liquid has been absorbed. Sprinkle green peas over paella, cover and let stand 5 minutes before serving.