Slab Tomato Pie
This delicious slab tomato pie combines fresh Roma tomatoes, basil pesto and Parmesan cheese, which is a great way to use an abundance of late-summer tomatoes.
- 1 box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crust, softened as directed on box
- 1 container (7 oz) refrigerated basil pesto
- 4 medium plum (Roma) tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves, if desired
Serving Size: 1 Serving
Calories 240 (Calories from Fat 160); Total Fat 18g; (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 350mg; Potassium 80mg; Total Carbohydrate 18g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 0g); Protein 3g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 8%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000-calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 400°F. On lightly floured surface, unroll and stack crusts one on top of the other. Roll to 17x12-inch rectangle.
- Fit crust into ungreased 15x10x1-inch pan, pressing firmly into corners and sides. Fold extra crust underneath and slightly on top edges of pan; poke bottom and sides of crust with fork. Bake 10 to 13 minutes or until light golden brown; remove from oven, and cool 5 minutes.
- Spread pesto on partially baked crust. Place tomato slices on top of pesto layer. Bake 7 to 10 minutes or until tomatoes are heated through. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake 1 to 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Before serving, garnish with chopped fresh basil.
- Roma tomatoes can vary in size. Try to select tomatoes of the same size for the best look.
- A side salad with a drizzle of balsamic vinaigrette dressing is a great addition to this slab pie.