Slow-Cooker Pineapple Pork Tacos
- 1 lb boneless pork shoulder roast, trimmed
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El Paso™ taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (8 oz) pineapple tidbits in juice, drained
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 package (4.6 oz) Old El Paso™ taco shells
- 3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese (3 oz)
- 1 1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 3/4 cup chopped tomato
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup salsa
Calories 360 (Calories from Fat190), Total Fat 21g (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 2g), Cholesterol 70mg, Sodium 720mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 1g; Sugars 6g), Protein 21g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 6%; Calcium 10%; Iron 4%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 1/2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Spray 3- to 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Place pork in slow cooker; sprinkle with taco seasoning mix. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 7 to 9 hours or until pork pulls apart easily with fork.
- Remove pork from slow cooker; shred pork. Stir into liquid in slow cooker. Stir in pineapple and lime juice.
- To serve, divide pork among taco shells (about 1/4 cup each), and top with remaining ingredients.
- Use bottled lime juice from the grocery section of the supermarket; it’s more economical than using fresh.When fresh pineapple is in season and budget friendly, use it instead of the canned pineapple.