Spiced Sugar Cookies with Maple Glaze
The perfect dessert for your Thanksgiving buffet, our Spiced Sugar Cookies are made with Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix and topped with a maple syrup glaze.
- 1 pouch Betty Crocker™ sugar cookie mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- Maple Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons maple-flavored syrup
- 1 tablespoon water
- Betty Crocker™ yellow sugar
- Orange nonpareils
- Betty Crocker™ chocolate candy sprinkles
- 24 miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 °F. In medium bowl, stir together cookie mix, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cloves. Add butter and egg; mix until dough forms a ball.
- On floured surface with rolling pin, roll out dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with assorted cookie cutters; place about 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 7 to 9 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Remove from cookie sheets to cooling racks. Cool completely, about 15 minutes.
- In small bowl, beat powdered sugar and syrup with whisk until smooth. Gradually add water, a few drops at a time, beating until a thick glaze forms. Spread glaze over cooled cookies. Decorate with sanding sugars, sprinkles and chocolate chips.