Spicy Scrambled Egg Toast
What’s better than warm, crunchy toast with eggs on top? Warm crunchy toast with eggs on top drizzled with a creamy Asian-inspired sauce.
- ¼ cup YQ by Yoplait™ Plain (from 5.3 oz container)
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- ½ teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 eggs
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 slices sourdough or whole wheat bread, toasted
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
1 Serving: Calories 330 (Calories from Fat 120); Total Fat 13g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 205mg; Sodium 740mg; Potassium 160mg; Total Carbohydrate 36g (Dietary Fiber 1g); Protein 16g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 10%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 10%; Iron 20%
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Starch, 1 Medium-Fat Meat, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 2 1/2
- In small bowl, mix YQ, chili garlic sauce and soy sauce. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, salt and pepper with whisk or fork. In 8-inch skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add eggs; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring frequently, until eggs are set.
- Divide egg mixture evenly between slices of toast. Top with sauce and green onions.
- We did not use a nonstick skillet to cook the eggs. If you use a hot pan and coat the bottom with oil or fat, the eggs should not stick.
- For a pretty presentation, slice green onions on the bias.
- Also look for YQ by Yoplait™ Plain in the larger 26 oz container.