Spooky Boo Brownies
“Spooktacular” fun and scrumptious eating are coming your way! Gather your goblins to share lots of baking tricks and treats.
- 1 box (16 oz) Betty Crocker™ Supreme original brownie mix
- Water, vegetable oil and egg called for on brownie mix box
- 1 cup Betty Crocker™ Rich & Creamy creamy white frosting (from 16-oz container)
- 16 large marshmallows
- Betty Crocker™ black decorating gel (from 0.68-oz tube)
1 Brownie Calories 250 (Calories from Fat 80); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 2g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 41g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 30g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 8%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch, 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3
The pan is lined with foil for easier cutting and quick cleanup.
When cutting brownies, use a plastic knife for nice, even cuts.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Line 8- or 9-inch square pan with foil, allowing some to hang over edges of pan. Grease bottom and sides of foil with shortening or cooking spray. Make and bake brownies as directed on box for 8- or 9-inch square pan. Cool completely on cooling rack, about 1 1/2 hours. Freeze in pan 15 minutes. Using foil to lift, remove brownies from pan, and peel foil away. Cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- Heat frosting in microwavable bowl uncovered on High 20 to 30 seconds, stirring every 10 seconds, until frosting can be stirred smooth and fluid. If frosting becomes too firm while decorating, microwave 5 seconds; stir.
- Top each brownie with 1 large marshmallow. Spoon 1 tablespoon frosting over each marshmallow to coat. Let stand until frosting is set, about 30 minutes. Use black gel to make eyes and mouths.