Spring Celebration Brownies
Jazz up brownies for spring with marshmallows and pretty pastels – super easy!
- 1 box (1lb. 2.4 oz) Betty Crocker™ Original Supreme Premium brownie mix
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 2/3 cup pastel-colored candy-coated chocolate candies
- 3 tablespoons semisweet or milk chocolate chips
- 1/4 teaspoon shortening
Serving Size: 1 Brownie Calories240 Calories from Fat70 Total Fat8g Saturated Fat2 1/2g Trans Fat0g Cholesterol15mg Sodium120mg Total Carbohydrate40g Dietary Fiber1g Sugars29g Protein2g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A0% Vitamin C0% Calcium0% Iron8%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 350°F (325°F for dark or nonstick pan). Grease bottom only of 9-inch square pan with cooking spray or shortening. Make brownies as directed on box--except bake 32 minutes. Sprinkle with marshmallows; bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows are puffed and golden. Sprinkle with candies.
- In small microwavable bowl, microwave chips and shortening uncovered on High 10 to 15 seconds; stir until smooth. Drizzle over bars. Cool completely, about 1 1/2 hours. For easier cutting, use plastic knife dipped in hot water. For bars, cut into 4 rows by 4 rows.
- To easily remove and cut the bars, line the pan with foil before spraying, allowing foil to extend over sides. Just lift out of the pan after cooling.
- Any color candy-coated chocolate candies can be used