Sriracha Meatball Mini Boats
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 package (1 oz) Old El PasoTM taco seasoning mix (from 1-oz package)
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El PasoTM chopped green chiles
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 12 Old El PasoTM Taco BoatsTM mini Soft Flour Tortillas
- Make it FRESH toppings, as desired (see below)
For a quick snack or spicy appetizer – try a fun new way to serve meatballs.
1 serving Calories 350 (Calories from Fat 230), Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 6g, Trans Fat ½g), Cholesterol 55mg, Sodium 600mg, Total Carbohydrate 16g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 2g), Protein 15g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 4%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 4%; Iron 10%; Exchanges: ½ Starch; 0 Fruit; ½ Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 3 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet
- Heat oven to 400° F. Line 15x10x1-in pan with foil; place wire rack in pan.
- In medium bowl, stir together beef, taco seasoning mix, 2 tablespoons of the Sriracha sauce and the chiles. Shape mixture into 24 (1 ½-inch) balls; place on rack. Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until thoroughly cooked and no longer pink in center.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise and remaining 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce. Heat boats as directed on package. Fill each warmed boat with 2 meatballs and Sriracha mayonnaise. Serve with Make it FRESH toppings.
- Ideas for Make it FRESH toppings: shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sliced green onions.
- Increase the Sriracha sauce for more heat!