Sugar Cookie Chex® Party Mix
- 6 cups Rice Chex™ cereal
- ¼ cup butter or margarine
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- 1 ounce white baking chocolate or ¼ cup vanilla milk chips
- 1 to 2 teaspoons colored edible glitter or sugar sprinkles
Secret’s out! Combine butter and sugar with Chex® cereal; microwave and shake into a yummy made-in-minutes party mix.
Serving Size: 1 serving Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 35), % Daily Value Total Fat 4g (Saturated Fat 2 1/2g, Trans Fat 0g), Cholesterol 10mg Sodium 140mg Total Carbohydrate 20g (Dietary Fiber 0g Sugars 9g), Protein 1g; % Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 2%; Calcium 4%; Iron 20%; Exchanges: 0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat; Carbohydrate Choices: 1 *Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Measure cereal in large microwaveable bowl. Line a cookie sheet with waxed paper or foil.
- In 2-cup microwavable measuring cup, microwave butter uncovered on High 30 seconds or until melted. Add sugar and corn syrup; microwave uncovered on High 30 seconds until mixture is heated and can be stirred smooth. Stir in vanilla. Pour over cereal, stirring until evenly coated.
- Microwave uncovered on High 2 minutes, stirring after1 minute. Sprinkle with powdered sugar; mix well.
- Spread on waxed paper or foil. Microwave white chocolate on High 30 seconds or until it can be stirred smooth; drizzle over top; sprinkle with edible glitter or colored candies.