Thai Beef with Fresh Carrot Salad
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 oz bag fresh basil, coarsely chopped
- 1 lime for juice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 lb ground chuck beef
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup clam juice
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 (8.5-oz) package precooked jasmine rice
- 2 cups matchstick carrots
- 1/2 cup presliced green onions
- 1/4 cup KRAFT™ Asian Toasted Sesame Dressing
CALORIES (per 1/4 recipe) kcal; FAT 0g; SAT FAT 0g; TRANS FAT 0g; CHOL mg; SODIUM mg; CARB g; FIBER 0g; SUGARS 0g; PROTEIN 0g; VIT A 0%; VIT C 0%; CALC 0%; IRON 0%
Quick and delicious this baked quesadilla recipe will become a family favorite in no time.
- Prep: Chop cilantro; chop basil (about 1 cup, divided). Squeeze lime for juice (2 tablespoons). Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2–3 minutes. Place oil in pan, then add meat; brown 4–5 minutes, stirring to crumble meat, or until no pink remains. While meat cooks, combine lime juice, sugar, salt, garlic, red pepper, clam juice, and soy sauce. Drain meat; then return meat to pan.
- Add lime juice mixture to beef; cook and stir 2 minutes or until liquid is reduced by about one-half and mixture thickens.
- Remove pan from heat; stir in 1/2 cup basil. Prepare rice following package instructions for microwave.
- Combine remaining 1/2 cup basil, cilantro, carrots, and green onions. Add dressing to carrot mixture; toss until evenly coated. Serve beef mixture over rice; top with carrot mixture. Serve.