Turkey Taco Crescent Ring
Taco-seasoned ground turkey takes the place of ground beef in this easy taco crescent pie. Serve with fresh toppings like chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce and more of your favorite taco toppings.
- 1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 1 lb lean (at least 93%) ground turkey
- ½ cup thinly sliced onion
- 1 package (0.85 oz) Old El Paso™ chicken taco seasoning mix
- ¼ cup water
- 1 can (4.5 oz) Old El Paso™ chopped green chiles
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend (8 oz)
- 1/3 cup sliced green onions
- Chopped tomatoes, shredded lettuce, Old El Paso™ mild salsa, if desired
1 Serving: Calories 420 (Calories from Fat 230); Total Fat 25g (Saturated Fat 12g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 95mg; Sodium 940mg; Potassium 230mg; Total Carbohydrate 22g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 6g); Protein 27g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 15%; Vitamin C 8%; Calcium 30%; Iron 10%;
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 1 1/2 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 10-inch pie plate with cooking spray. Unroll dough, separate into 8 triangles; press over bottom and up side of pie plate to form crust.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook turkey and onion over medium heat 7 to 9 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. Return turkey mixture to skillet. Stir in taco seasoning mix, water and green chiles; cook 1 to 2 minutes, stirring constantly, until slightly thickened. Stir in 1½ cups of the cheese; spoon mixture into crust-lined pie plate; sprinkle with remaining ½ cup cheese.
- Bake 18 to 21 minutes or until crust is deep golden brown and cheese is melted. Serve topped with remaining ingredients. Serve immediately.