Turtle Chocolate Chip Cookies
Hershey’s™ Rolo™, pecans and chocolate chip cookie dough make a quick and decadent turtle cookie.
- 1 pouch (17.5 oz) Betty Crocker™ chocolate chip cookie mix
- Butter and egg called for on cookie mix pouch
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal™ all-purpose flour
- 48 Rolo™ chewy caramels in milk chocolate, unwrapped
- 48 pecan halves
- 15 caramels, unwrapped (from 11-oz package)
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon coarse sea salt
Serving Size: 1 Cookie
Calories 120 (Calories from Fat 50); Total Fat 6g; (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 10mg; Sodium 100mg; Potassium 40mg; Total Carbohydrate 15g; (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 11g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%
Exchanges: 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, mix cookie mix, butter, egg and flour with spoon until soft dough forms. Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 5 to 7 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; press chocolate in center of each cookie. Return to oven 1 minute. Remove from oven; immediately place 1 pecan half on top of chocolate. Press down slightly. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool 30 minutes.
- In small microwavable bowl, heat caramels and whipping cream uncovered on High 30 to 60 seconds, stirring once, until caramels are melted. Drizzle over cookies. Sprinkle with sea salt. Let stand about 2 hours or until set.
- Use a cookie scoop to make portioning cookie dough even faster and more consistent.
- When baking batches of cookies, use completely cooled cookie sheets. Cookies will spread too much if put on a hot or warm cookie sheet.