Vegetarian Italian Pasta Skillet Dinner
- 1 ? cups frozen sausage-style soy-protein crumbles
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso™ Light Italian-style vegetable soup
- 3/4 cup uncooked bow-tie (farfalle) pasta (2 oz)
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1/4 cup shredded mozzarella or Parmesan cheese (1 oz)
1 Serving: Calories 340; Calories from Fat 60; Total Fat 7g; Saturated Fat 2 1/2g; Trans Fat 0g; Cholesterol 30mg; Sodium 1430mg; Total Carbohydrate 47g; Dietary Fiber 8g; Sugars 9g; Protein 23g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 90%; Vitamin C 15%; Calcium 20%; Iron 25%
Exchanges: 2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 2 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 2 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 0 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 3
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook soy crumbles, mushrooms and onion over medium-high heat 4 to 6 minutes, stirring frequently, until crumbles are hot and vegetables are tender.
- Stir in soup. Cover; heat to boiling. Stir in pasta; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover; simmer 10 minutes.
- Add spinach; cook uncovered 3 to 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until spinach is hot and just begins to wilt. Sprinkle with cheese.