Wacky Monster Cookies
These funny monster face cookies will put a smile on your face this Halloween. Have fun decorating your favorite combination of silliness.
- 1 roll (16.5 oz) Pillsbury™ refrigerated sugar cookies
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 container (1 lb) vanilla creamy ready-to-spread frosting
Decorations, as desired
- Neon gel food colors (orange, purple and green)
- Rope licorice
- Candy eyes
- Marshmallows, large and miniature
- Candy corn
- 1 pouch black cookie icing
1 Cookie (without decorations) Calories 210 (Calories from Fat 70); Total Fat 8g (Saturated Fat 3g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 135mg; Total Carbohydrate 34g (Dietary Fiber 0g, Sugars 24g); Protein 1g
% Daily Value: Vitamin A 0%; Vitamin C 0%; Calcium 0%; Iron 0%;
Exchanges: 2 1/2 Other Carbohydrate, 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choice: 2
- Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, crumble cookie dough and add flour, kneading until well blended.
- On floured surface, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut with floured 2 1/2- to 3 1/2-inch shape cookie cutters (round, square, triangle). On ungreased cookie sheets, place cutouts 2 inches apart. Reroll dough and cut additional cookies.
- Bake 11 to 13 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool 5 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely. Meanwhile, separate frosting into 3 small bowls, and add gel food color; mix to desired colors. Frost and decorate cookies, using photo as a guide.
- For a quick and easy version of these Wacky Monster Cookies, simply bake Pillsbury™ Ready to Bake!™ refrigerated sugar cookies as directed on package (makes 24 cookies). Frost and decorate as directed in recipe.
- Don’t have shape cookie cutters? Kids’ cutting tools (washed), pizza cutter or a knife can be used to cut your own shapes.
- Use your sense of humor and imagination when decorating.
- Flat, square marshmallows designed for s’mores are ideal for cutting out eyes and horns, and may be found in your grocer’s baking aisle. Otherwise, use large and mini marshmallows. A kitchen scissors or small, round cutters, sprayed with nonstick cooking spray, work great.