White Bean and Kale Minestrone Soup
- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Canola Oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped vegetable blend for seasoning (onion, celery, bell pepper)
- 3/4 cup chopped carrots
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (14.5 oz) Hunt's™ petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (15 oz) Great Northern beans, drained
- 1-1/2 cups Hunt's™ tomato sauce* (from 29-oz can)
- 2 cups frozen chopped kale
- 1/2 cup dry small pasta shells, uncooked
- Grated Parmesan cheese, if desired
Vegetarian minestrone soup recipe with frozen chunky vegetables, canned white beans and frozen chopped kale for ease of prep.
1 Serving: (1-1/3 cups each) Calories 172; Total Fat 5 g(Saturated Fat 0 g); Cholesterol 0 mg; Sodium 719 mg; Carbohydrate 24 g; (Dietary Fiber 6 g, Sugars 6 g); Protein 6 g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 65%; Vitamin C 22%; Calcium 6%; Iron 10%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add vegetable blend and carrots; cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add water, undrained tomatoes, beans and tomato sauce; stir to combine. Bring mixture to a boil.
- Add kale and pasta; stir to combine. Reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or until kale and pasta are tender, stirring occasionally. Serve with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- Serve Alexia® Artisan Ciabatta Rolls, prepared according to package directions, with the soup.