Wild West Sizzlin’ Chicken Tacos
An Old El Paso™ prize-winning recipe! This stand-up chicken taco is a yummy combination of spicy chicken, sizzlin’ bacon, cheese and beans.
- 2 cups cooked chicken strips
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 Old El Paso™ Stand 'N Stuff™ taco shells (from 4.7-oz box)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 cup barbecue baked beans (from 16-oz can)
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 oz)
- 4 slices bacon, crisply cooked, crumbled
Calories 400 (Calories from Fat 190), Total Fat 21g, (Saturated Fat 9g, Trans Fat 1 1/2g), Cholesterol 90mg, Sodium 850mg, Total Carbohydrate 21g, (Dietary Fiber 4g, Sugars 3g), Protein 33g
% Daily Value*: Vitamin A 50%; Vitamin C 50%; Calcium 25%; Iron 15%
Exchanges: 1 1/2 Starch; 0 Fruit; 0 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 4 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat
Carbohydrate Choices: 1 1/2
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
- Heat oven to 400°F. In small bowl, toss chicken strips with cumin and paprika to coat. In 8-inch square (2-quart) glass baking dish, stand taco shells side by side.
- Fill each shell evenly with seasoned chicken. Divide pepper strips evenly over chicken. Top each with 1/4 cup baked beans and 1/4 cup cheese. Sprinkle with bacon.
- Bake 8 minutes or until thoroughly heated and cheese is melted. If desired, garnish with grape tomatoes.
- Leftover chicken on hand? It takes about 3/4 pound of cooked chicken to make 2 cups of cut-up strips.